A Probate Administration Attorney With Nearly Two Decades Of Experience
When a loved one passes away, we are faced with many layers of emotion. We grieve their loss while celebrating the time we were able to enjoy with them. In the midst of that, we must also wrap up the details of their financial assets and worldly possessions.
I’m Erick Lora, founding attorney of EFL Law, P.A.. I am passionate about helping you administer your loved one’s estate because I understand how difficult this moment of time can be in your life. I want to help make this process as easy as possible so you can focus on celebrating and grieving your friend or family member.
Let Me Handle The Legal Details
After providing Miami families with probate administration services for nearly 20 years, I understand the complexities of this process. The steps for administering an estate typically include:
- Informing the court that the individual has passed by depositing their will with the clerk of court
- Petitioning the court to formally administer the estate
- Appointing a personal representative either as outlined in the will or through the court
- If there is a will, its validity must be established
- Assets ranging from real estate to financial investments will be inventoried and distributed, and debts must be paid off
- A final accounting will be completed and filed with the court for approval
Even with the benefit of a will, these steps can be complicated. They are made even more complex if your loved one did not leave a thorough estate plan. In either case, the guidance of an experienced estate administration lawyer can help you move through the process smoothly.
Contact Me Today To Learn How I Can Help
When tasked with administering a loved one’s estate, it’s important to move forward with the legal details in a timely fashion. Call 305-762-9433 or email me online today to get started. I provide services in both English and Spanish and offer free initial consultations to all my clients.